Sunday, November 12, 2006

Outdoor work is done...


Kale nestled in its leaf bed

Yesterday I was amazed at how much work I was able to accomplish INSIDE the house. I confess folding laundry and the like are not high priority in the gardening months.

I also stopped hoarding leaves last week. Tom's last mow/leaf pickup definitely gave us enough green matter to cover every garden and raised bed for the winter, and a little extra to add to the compost heap. So now everything is tucked away, waiting for the cold winds and the snow.

I feel a bit at a loss now for what to do with my time. Hmmm...clean the house?

2 comments:

Jane said...

You are surely not THAT desperate El!
J
x

Anonymous said...

There's plenty do. It will be seed starting time soon.

My suggestion - do the one thing I never do but always plan to do: sit in a chair in the garden. just sit there. Don't read. Just pull on a sweater and chill.

I garden. I have chairs. I never sit in them.

I think we have a week or two left until the end of that possibility.